Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Indesign PDF Colors Change

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone explain to me why this happens when I convert to a PDF?

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 7.26.09 PM.png

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the pdf setting set to CMYK and the InDesign set to RGB? Check your settings. CMYK will look duller.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: Check your ID Color Settings and make sure they are what you expect for your final destination (e,g, North American Prepress, etc). There was a bug (now supposedly fixed as of current versions) that had affected these settings across various CC apps.

Second: what are you using for your PDF export settings? Particularly check output destination.

If, however, things seem right to you, it could be you have a color in your document in RGB that cannot be rendered in CMYK, but based on your screen grab, your color seems in gamut to me, so I suspect one of the two issues I mentioned are at play.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we can explain 😉 You are rendering to a different Gamut. 99% change you have a RGB color going to CMYK.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you are not experiencing the recent color management bug that turns color management off in Color Settings —should not be Emulate InDesign 2.0 CM Off.

Then export using a PDF/X preset and view in Acrobat Reader or Pro. The PDF/X standards include the document’s Output Intent Profile which is used for the soft proof preview in Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines