• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign PreFlight Profile to Not allow Black Ink use?

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set up an InDesign PreFlight Profile to flag for the use of black ink?

I have a series of jobs that are two or three spot colors, but black is never used.

Unfortunately, sometimes black does get used and I don't always spot it until I've already burned the plates.

I know I can visually check for this using the separation preview window, but I was wondering if InDesign could flag this for me.

If not, is it possible in Acrobat?  Those are the two common places those files are viewed, and I'd like to resist adding a third step to the process.

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Hi @pedley_s don’t allow CMY, CMYK, Gray, Lab, or RGB, and allow Spot:

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pedley_s don’t allow CMY, CMYK, Gray, Lab, or RGB, and allow Spot:

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow - I totally overlooked that. I was thinking I was sunk when I didn't see the option in the main COLOR drop down so I didn't poke around in the Color Space options.

Thank you so much. You've made my life (and more importantly the pressman's life) easier starting today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines