• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign presentation mode skips a page or doesn't launch

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On random documents I run into problem of presentation mode not launching at all or skipping a page. Every arrow down/up goes two pages ahead instead of one.

I'm on Macbook Pro M1 Max

MacOS 12.3

Indesign 17.1

I've recorded a video of this behaviour.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update – if I switch to other program, for example a web browser and type a bunch of "wwwwww" in the address bar and then switch back to Indesign, the problem disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say a big thank you for posting this. I have had this same issue and was very frustrating, but your fix suggestion worked great. Many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped. Since then I realized that you can also just write "w" in any Indesign's text frame and that also works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue. I am going to assume that if you are reading this, you currently have InDesign loaded at the same time as Google Chrome. There are compatibility issues between these two programs. If you quit Chrome you will notice that InDesign reverts back to normal functions without issues. You can then normally reload Chrome and the issues should remain resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was great, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines