• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign/printing issues

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Indesign and recently upgraded to the newest version. Setting up art boards , all correct and when printing on a custom size it has decided to change the size of my picture and type. I checked settings for printer and listed custom, etc. confused- never had this happen before. Help!

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to add. When printing my regular pieces, I have no issues only custom size paper. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your printer, and what is your paper's custom size compared to it's regular document feed? And have you tried outputting from InDesign as a PDF and tried to print the PDF from Adobe Acrobat?

It could be that InDesign is saying "Yes, Yes, Yes" but your printer is playing Amy Winehouse's "No. No. No."

Jus' sayin'

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My printer is a HP

the custom size is 6.5x10

yes, I reformatted to just PDF and jpeg with no luck 

it literally shifts the image up and over about one inch 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your image is offset when you're printing, you may want to check out the Setup section of your Print dialog box and fine-tune it a bit like the example below:

1.jpg

You can choose from various positions in the Page Position: options box to move your page around on the sheet it will eventually print on. Also, if you print on a larger sheet you can use the Marks and Bleed options to, say, specify your 6.5"x10" page with crops in the middle of a regular 8 1/2"x11" sheet and trim your output to size.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tamara24060521lfvg , can you show a screen capture of your Print dialog’s Setup tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export a PDF and print from Acrobat (which BTW, is the method I would recommend) is the output correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried already but didn't work. I have exhausted all practical methods of printing I know 

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your HP driver software up-to-date?

Can you show a capture of your InDesign Print Setup tab? See Randy’s 2nd post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines