Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign publish online not rendering graphics well

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm working on a brochure and trying to test the publish online. However some of the graphics are not rendering well when exported. And every time I try to export there are different errors. So on one page (in the screenshot attached) I have 2 containers for jpegs (paper textures) with selected corners rounded. However the exported version is showing the sharp corners in white (2 corners on the small container and 1 white strip on the big container with one rounded corner) - and yes I have made sure the containers don't have any background or line colours. I also have a png on the page with mock-ups which rendered ok 3 out of 4 times and in this final version it has some grey lines that shouldn't be there. I should also add that I had another page with a different container with 2 opposite rounded corners and filled with a jpeg, which rendered ok. Does anyone know why this is happening and if I can fix it myself as I needed published today. It seems more like a bug though, since the errors are inconsistent. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andreeag53335031,

possible workarounds:

[1] Do the rounded corner shapes with a graphic frame.

Open the path of the graphic frame and close it after that so that the rounded corners become part of an arbitrary path and are not rounded corners anymore.

[2] Do the text with a text frame stacked on top of that graphic frame

[1] Do the rounded corner shapes in Adobe Illustrator.

[2] Export the shape as SVG graphic and place the SVG graphic on the InDesign page

[3] Stack your text frame on top of the placed SVG.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andreeag53335031 You might also try converting the PNGs to either PSD files or PNG-24s (in Save for Web) to see if that clears out some issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JPG doesn't support Transparency. Are the white areas also in the Indesign file? I suggest using AI/EPS or PNG's. Are ALL links updated and valid? (Preflight on green)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines