Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Publish Online sound play before reach page

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!
In my Adobe Indesing post I have on different pages some mp3's that should play when I get to that page.
The point is that they are played about seven pages before, for example: on page 4 there is an mp3 and the one on page 11 is played at the same time. On page 19 the audio of page 19 is played plus that of page 26. And so on.

The sound file is mp3. Also I tried the same mp3 as a FLA file and the error persist.
Here a link to the publication
https://indd.adobe.com/view/5db192d2-2b9e-4a4e-9754-e791a0610981
I hope you can help me or give me some idea of the cause to be able to solve it.
Cheers!

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're obviously accomplised publisher with Animations and such, nice job.

This is why I'm embarrassed to ask you - you have the MP3 setup to play on page load - yes? 

It's hard to know what's going on without seeing your settings for the MP3 file play options.

Can you post screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Eugene!
First of all excuse my English!
And secondly, thanks for your time and comments!
Here are two screenshots of the mp3 configuration of two of the pages that start before reaching them, 11 (which is played erroneously on page 4) and 22 which is played erroneously on page 15.
I also attach a screenshot of the order of each one in the timing panel. I am aware that putting the mp3 in second or third place would avoid problems with the preload of the file.
But this is not the case, they are reproduced before reaching the page where they are hosted.
Another thing that I have noticed is that the error of them being reproduced before reaching the page, occurs the first time the magazine is loaded. If, for example, I go back to page 4 after reading the document, the audio on page 11 no longer plays, and so on.
It is really strange this error, since I have been publishing magazines for more than 3 years and it is the first time that it happens to me.
I hope you can help me.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I really don't know why it's not working.

As an experiment

If a document is not behaving well then try 

File>Export 

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name

Then try publish online again - and see if the issue persists.

-------------------

To help rule out things

What browser are you using?

Is it happening in all browsers?
Is it on a mobile device and if so which one?

I have to admit - I'm not an expert on publishing online - there's some users here who are terrific at this sort of thing. I hope they chime in. But I'll try to help as much as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Eugene!

Thanks for your time!

I have tried the solution that you have proposed (export to IDML, rename the document and publish it again) and the error persists.

I have tested it in Firefox, Chrome and Edge and the error is reproduced in the same way, so I don't think it is caused by the browsers.

I have also tried it in Chrome and Firefox on a Samsung S8 Plus and a Huawei Y7 and exactly the same thing happens.

Perhaps Adobe has changed some policy on their servers regarding how they upload mp3s?

I hope to find the answer to this problem soon.

Greetings and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines