• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign running slow after Windows 11 upgrade

Contributor ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Windows 11 about four days ago.
Since the upgraded my InDesign is very slushes opening. When I say sluggish, I mean slow.
Once it is open and I open a document, that is also just as sluggish.
If I close the document, it is also sluggish, even if I have not done any edits to it.
When I closeout the InDesign program, even that takes a long time to close.
I know this is not right.
I cleared my upgrade caches and everything else once it was complete.
I have made sure that my drivers and bios are all up to date.
I have no issues with any other programs on my computer it only seems to be with InDesign.
Has anyone else experiences this or have any suggestions on how to bring this back to normal speed?

Rick

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry about that

Maybe if you do the following:

Change to Preview on CPU from the view menu

Reset preferences 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Another Option is to reinstal: You may try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

To remove the existing app installation & reinstall once done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a Mac only preference!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? How much RAM does that machine have? Have you tried a new user account on that machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobLevine

I am using InDesign Version 17.0.1.
I have RAM 32GB.
All other Adobe products open and close as normal, I see no sluggish opening, closing, or saving issues.
InDesign seems to be the only one that is giving me this problem.
No, I have not tried a new user account on my laptop yet.
Do you really think that might fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix it? No...but if it's fine there, it will indicate an issue with the user account.

BTW, is Win 11 fully updated? Have you checked all of the drivers? Is it AMD or Intel?

I'm running Win 11 on desktop and laptop with no discernable lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobLevine

Yes, I went to Dell and verified all the drivers were up to date.
I logged into another account on my laptop as you recommended.
When I opened InDesign with the other user account on my laptop it snaps right open, file opened with a snap, and it closed with a snap. Just like it used to.
So, it does seem to appear to be my account on the laptop.
Do you have any recommendations how to clear or clean up that account to fix the InDesign lag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just fixed it by accident.

I opened InDesign and in the opening page without opening a document. I made a minor change in one of my default settings.

Then I opened as document and it snapped open, The I closed everything and opened InDesign again and it seems to be back to normal.

I will keep and eye on this and let you know if this stays corrected.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, bad news.

It worked for a while after I did it last night and all day today until about an hour ago.

I have been working on an InDesign document for most of the day.

I left the document open and went to dinner and watched some TV. I came back after about four hours and noticed it happened again.

I tried doing the same thing that seemed to have fixed it before but this time it did not resolved the problem.

I logged into my other account on my machine and InDesign works without a problem.

Maybe your right and something is corruption my account. However it is only doing it to InDesign.

I have made one observation and I don't know if this is relevant or not.

The first time this started happening was when I left InDesign open in a document overnight.

This time it happened again when I left InDesign open in a document for about four hours.

Do you know how I would fix a corrupt account on my Windows 11, if that is truely the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third-party plugins active such as a font manager? Is it AMD or Intel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... I have a worst problem...

I cannot open InDesign!!!

Windows 11 - Dell

16 RAM  Intel I-7  GeForce RTX3050Ti

Could you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 seconds and close.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. InDesign CS5 and CS6 got very slow when I installed WINDOWS 11. It's very tiresome. Can't work normally. This is what you do when I work in InDesign for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 and CS6 are not even supported under Windows 10. You're on your own, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines