Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign scaling preview not immediate any more

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign 17.2, Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1 

On my new MacBook Pro M1 Max, shift command dragging a text box no longer instantly previews the scaling.

Instead I have to click the appropriate corner, wait for a second for the cursor to change to an outline and then drag – only then does the scaling preview.

On my previous MacBook Pro (2015) I can click and drag immediately and still have the preview.

Now, I have to wait every single time. This is very annoying and slows the flow of creative work.

Is this a clash with Monterey or a bug in InDesign?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rusyn , make sure you have Immediate set in the Interface>Live Screen Drawing Preference

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Rob – that works 🙂

It's a shame the staff who man Adobe's chat and phone support don't know this – it would have saved me more than an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines