• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign seperation preview glitch

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with my separations preview. When I turn it on I loose my Tiff previews, off and it's back to normal. see attached     Anyone have any sugestions      I'm on a good Mac running Monterey with the latest inDesign update.  Please help . . .

Seps Glitch.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

A friend of mine had the exact same issue and it turned out to be a permissions issue for him. i.e. a recent upgrade to Monterey reset the permissions to (among others) the Adobe apps. Check System Preferences > Privacy & Security > Full Disk access and see if all your Adobe apps are there and checked.

If that doesn't seem to be it for you, check back!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Those look like the same sort of artifacts som Mac users see on a larger scale when video acceleration is enabled in the prefs. The other reports have not involved separations or overprint preview so that's a long shot, but worth checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like white overprint. Export to "pdf for print" and check separation preview in Acrobat. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White overprint would not explain the static lines in the photos, the resizing and streaking pattern of golf balls, and the main burst being reduced and repeated. Something else is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all of your links up to date? 

Try exporting the file as IDML, in case this is caused by corruption in your INDD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Moyer, John , does it happen if you resave the TIFFs as PSDs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend of mine had the exact same issue and it turned out to be a permissions issue for him. i.e. a recent upgrade to Monterey reset the permissions to (among others) the Adobe apps. Check System Preferences > Privacy & Security > Full Disk access and see if all your Adobe apps are there and checked.

If that doesn't seem to be it for you, check back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those look like the same sort of artifacts som Mac users see on a larger scale when video acceleration is enabled in the prefs. The other reports have not involved separations or overprint preview so that's a long shot, but worth checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines