Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review blank window

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the share for review tool used to work but now i only get the spinning circle when clicking update link. No progress at all.... new installation and logout from adobe didn't help.
(it's on a windows system)  

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v16.2.1 to get this fixed. Here's the link with more details:  https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40698859

In case you are still facing this issue, please try the suggestions shared on this help article.

We hope that this information helps in improving your experience of using this feature but if you need further assistance, please post your query i

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the normal behavior. I'd strongly suggest restoring your InDesign preferences which often fixes that kind of display problem.

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign - Adobe Supporthelpx.adobe.com › indesign › using › setting-prefer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to Steve's suggestion, I'd request updating Adobe InDesign to the latest version(v15.1.2) and see how it goes. Please follow instructions on this help article to update the app. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why I can't seem to access Share for Review in InDesign? I was able to use it yesterday but have not been able to use it since. 

The Share for Review box is coming up completely blank. I've reset my computer, tired other documents but the same thing is happening. Would love help on this issue. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me, then I notice a bunch of cc apps updating. I paused those then re-opened my file and it was functioning again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share for working just fine this morning then InDesign (15.1.2 Macintosh) crashed when enlarging a photo. Now Share for review is not working. All I'm getting is a blank box.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 3.28.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! please fix it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this solution online:

1. log out of Creative Cloud
  2. open InDesign and log in to Creative Cloud through InDesign

This finally worked for me. woohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh. that lasted for a couple of days and then it went blank again. Had to log out of everything and then log back in. Hopefully, this will stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is only a workaround but not a fix of the problem, hope adobe find the fix of this issuu ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked too!! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thanks for sharing this tip! This worked for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  The share for review panel in In Design is all black.  Last week I tested with a client and it appeared to work fine.  I've tried the troubleshooting listed above.  Logging out of creative cloud and rebooting and openning Creative Cloud through InDesign -- but I still can't get Share for review to work.  Anybody have any other tricks to try?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in here as I would really like to use this feature but it hasn't worked for me yet even with reboots, sign-in/out, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the file inside InDesign, but from the link I shared the file coming up is not the up to date file. It is showing my work from 3 days ago!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already done so you may need to update the link, you'll find the button at the bottom of the 'Share for Review' panel, it'll upload the latest version of your layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. Works on and off but now I can't get it to work at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  The share for review panel in In Design is all black.  Last week I tested with a client and it appeared to work fine.  I've tried the troubleshooting listed above.  Loging out of creative cloud and rebooting and openning Creative Cloud through InDesign -- but I still can't get Share for review to work.  Anybody have any other tricks to try?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

did you perhaps use Save As with the document?

That would wipe all comments.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like important information that Adobe should share.

This feature is an editorial abomination and should never have been released. It is poorly designed and conceived, and if that weren't bad enough it doesn't actually work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work.  Ultimately I spoke with Adobe Tech Support.  They had me close down In Design and Creative Cloud on my desktop and then reopen CC through In Design.  The Share for review window came back.  I shared with a client right before the Christmas break so we we have not fully started the workflow.  From the comments here it sounds like this is a known issue and this "Share For Review"  collabortive functionality needs further refinement.  This Fall I was working in In Design and Illustrator on a client project and I also found that it crashed quite regularly too.  The development of In Design seems to be lagging MS Office and Google cloud apps by about a decade. The share for review functionality is absolutely essential in today's collaborative remote environment.   When working on a large project with a lot of photos/ art, to maintain performance and speed Adobe also advised me to run my indd and source files from my download file on my desktop.  So Adode is having me use In Design as a Desktop application not Cloud which creates more manual back up work.   The Share For Review functionality seems to be a clunky cloud based add on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eveningclouds747,

I did a bug report at InDesign UserVoice at Jun 27, 2020:

[15.1.1.103] Share for REVIEW | Panel is going blank after I did Save As with the same doc name

Uwe Laubender, Jun 27, 2020

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/40769989--1...

But it is not only Save As to the same document name that will disconnect you with the review and as a result leaves the panel blank. It's also the Packaging For Print feature as Anne-Marie Concepcion found out. And also Save As to a new document and an IDML roundtrip.

The reply to my bug report was this:

"Ravi Kiran (Senior Lead Quality Engineer, Adobe InDesign) responded, Jul 3, 2020:

This issue has also been discussed on the InDesign Pre-Release forum. As of now, this behavior is As Designed.
However, we’re going to review this.

Adobe InDesign team"

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this note back. That this is 'as designed' then it was basically DOA and points up the need at Adobe for people who actually use these programs in real-world situations. In any case, until this issue (and others) get fixed, I'm just not even going to bother trying to get it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines