• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review Error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to use the Share for Review feature and keep getting the error: There was an error creating the artifact. I am using InDesign version 16.2.1 and Windows 10.

Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

This happens to me waaaay too much for simple changes (not removing spreads with bookmarks like you mentioned), like making text edits. I've been aware of this since day one of this feature being "released."

When updating links, I always:

1. make sure to save my document before publishing changes
  2. ensure nothing resource-intensive is going on in the background (on computer in general)
  3. ensure that my internet connection is working
  4. double and triple-check that my internet connection is working
  5. Click the upd

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No still happening

"There was an error creating the artifact."

Happy days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now seeing the same error. Initial generation of review links went smoothly, but now getting a persistent "Error creating the artifact" message. Have tried quitting and re-opening InDesign, making sure the file is saved. 

This is an incredibly disruptive error, and it sounds like it's happening for others as well. 

Our company is paying for Creative Cloud, and the client is paying our company for the work we're doing. Adobe: you're blowing it. Fix this. 

edit: As we proceeded with this project updating the review link we sent the client, it turned out that regardless of the error message, the review link WAS in fact being updated correctly. We checked carefully to see the changes we'd made each time and they were showing up. So, it seems the error message is actually a false alarm, at least in our case. Very disruptive, though! It's no fun to have to abandon a review link with client comments attached -- especially when there isn't an actual problem "creating the artifact" to begin with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving this error, and I have done everything as outlined in this answer. However, the link does appear to update even with the error. All the changes I have made did, in fact, update on the shared document link. I plan to report it but will continue to use the share feature. It is a much easier way to get feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even worse; inconsistency. Computing 101 suggests that hardware and software are designed to compute consistent processes, algorithms, etc. Adobe has proven time and time again that they get paid to make new features; not making sure the features work as designed.

My experience (along with others) has proven that the share for review feature sometimes WILL update the links even when the error is presented while other times it DOES NOT. This is unacceptable for an enterprise-paid platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines