• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review - FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Share for Review in InDesign’s June 2020 release, you can share your designs for online review, and manage feedback right within the app. Stakeholders can open the shared document in a browser to provide feedback. Share for Review streamlines and simplifies the review process for both designers and their stakeholders 

workflow.png

The following FAQs provide clarity on common questions around Share for Review 

Share the document for review - FAQ

View reviewer comments - FAQ 

Review the document - FAQ

Best practices

How is Share for Review different from the ‘Integrated comment and review’ feature in InDesign CS5? How does it compare to the Import PDF Comments (IPC) feature?  

Adobe is investing in features and services that make creative collaboration easier and more enjoyable.  

With Share for Review, our aspiration is to make reviewing and editing InDesign creative more seamless, and address the following limitations in CS Review: 

• Requirement for a flash plugin to use this feature 
  • Lack of support for key features such as email notifications 
  • User challenges with feature discoverability 

Compared to Import PDF Comments (IPC), Share for Review reduces time by eliminating the need to create and share PDFs and collate the resulting feedback. We will be working to enhance the reviewing features and capabilities in Share for Review, which will soon help this tool surpass the experience of IPC, from end to end.   

Does Share for Review include text commenting capabilities? 

This first version of the feature allows you to provide feedback through the sticky note and pencil tools. We will continue to improve the experience, and we will soon incorporate more text commenting capabilities, including text highlight, text strikethrough, and the ability to accept text comments in a single click. 

Is this feature being introduced into InCopy?  

It is not. Instead, we’ll be making significant updates to InCopy by taking it to the Web to provide better collaboration capabilities. Stay tuned!    

What text capabilities do I have as a reviewer?  

As a reviewer, you will be able to highlight text, strikethrough text, and replace text corresponding to your comment. 

share-for-review-text-edit-tools-NFS.png

Let us know of any challenges, or questions you have for us around Share for Review and we’ll be happy to assist you. 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Publish online , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

This has worked for others:

1. Save any work and close all open
  2. Sign out of InDesign (Help > Sign out). This will cause indesign to quit.
  3. Launch InDesign again, at which point you should be prompted to sign in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 412 Replies 412
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't look right. 

Would you mind resetting the preferences once as mentioned in this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html ?

When you replace your preferences you will lose customizations beyond those things that are set in the preferences dialogs. These include Document and Print Presets you might have created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made reset preferences to default.

Nothing changed, still got "Invite Olny" option.

Can't figure it out... I'll try to reinstal InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. 

That was the next thing I would have suggested to you. 

Let me know if uninstall and reinstall helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Share for review appears to be broken after updating to 15.1.1 this morning.

It was working perfectly last night. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 11.15.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this issue with another customer.

It seemed closing the app and to start it again fixed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. I've tried that and a complete system reboot. It's a bummer because I was in a middle of a revision with stakeholder and now I'm unable to upload any new changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to reset the preferences as mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html and then check if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this issue and it seems that logging out of Creative Cloud and then logging back in resolves that issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use Track Changes and Share for Review together? My reviewers want to know what the latest changes are when they're reviewing the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We don't have that functionality as of now but it'd be great if you can add it here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature sure has potential!
I've tested it with a major client of us and all worked fine.

Except the fact that the once i've marked feedback as solved, it was no longer visible in the file.
Is there some way for my client to verify that the feedback was processed the right way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

The resolved comment moved to a hidden space but you can still filter those comments as mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/view-reviewer-comments-faq/td-p/11210823?page=1

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the "Share for Review" popup and the "Review" panel are black.

Resetting the Preferences didn't help. I'm on MacOS, running 15.1.1.103.

Thanks for your help

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 08.54.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the app once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve the problem by signing out and back in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That resolved the issue for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you !

Can confirm this resolved the issue for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeaaay, that worked (log off/log in)! Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Think that's it. (logoff/in) Thanks community! (and Adobe – thanks, Sheena!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the designer, I would like a separate section (perhaps at the top of the comments list) where I can make general comments about the design, rather than have to put a pin on a particular page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As of now, there is no option as such for a designer to add generic comments to the document shared for review. 

But I'd suggest you upvote for this feature on InDesign UserVoice so that the product team can look into this.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reviewer can make comments on a page without putting a Pin/Draw on that page. Just input your comments in the box you see below the Pin and Draw - the comments submitted this way refer to the Page without any Pin/Draw annotations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ravi. I do see this option but would also like to make comments that address the overall design — sort of the bold strokes of the piece. For this it would be ideal to have a note section that is not associated with any particular spread or page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be so great, if it would work.

1. Invitations are not landing at my clients desk. I tested this with some other email addresses, but no one is getting an invitation, so I just had the chance to test it with public sharing.
  2. Making comments is working, but in Indesign they're just visible in the review pane. Means I cannot see any pin or drawing appearing in the document itself. So how should I imagine, what part of the document a comment is concerning? Always switching to the web surface to see the markings in the document, does not make sense.

Is this a known bug, or a feature 😉

Thx Harald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw. this is happening on Mac and also concerning imported comments from PDF documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines