• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign - Sitecore - CI Hub Connector

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if any one has experience using inDesign with Sitecore DAM (Digital Asset Management) and CI Hub connector. All of my inDesign files and assets are local and I am uploading these files to Sitecore via web browser. 

I am opening the file in inDesign via CI Hub and the images are still pointing to my local folder instead of being swapped out for the hyperlink address.

Does anyone know how to have the assets point to the Sitecore site?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

To get the list of links and corresponding data, you can select the links in the links panel and then in the flyout menu(accessed by clicking the 3 horizontal lines on the top right of panel), select Copy Info and then Copy Info for selected links. Then you can paste the info in a text file

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not surprised. The links are not dynamic, so once the link is established to a local resources, it will remain. Moving files to a different location will automatically break the link. On re-open, you can reconnect the first resource (image, text, spreadsheet...) and if the others are stored in the same location, InDesign will try to reconnect them all.

The link is not editable, so you cannot switch from absolute to relative addresses.

Using CI Hub, you should be able to start your document with everything stored in your CMS. 

There are scripts (Solved: InDesign Script to Update Link Path - Adobe Community - 8743657) but I don not know of any extentions/plugins that could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eric Dumas is there a way to output a list of all assets used in inDesign to a xcel file. This way I can manually change the linked items to a hyperlink? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get the list of links and corresponding data, you can select the links in the links panel and then in the flyout menu(accessed by clicking the 3 horizontal lines on the top right of panel), select Copy Info and then Copy Info for selected links. Then you can paste the info in a text file

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines