• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign starts up, but then won't open.

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop (PC windows 10) so I could run Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign for school work and everything works just fine except for InDesign. Everytime I try to open it so use it, the purple start up screen comes up (know what I mean?) but then it doesn't open. I never get any error notification or anything about it. It simply tries to start up and then just doesn't. I also just updated to the 2019 version and the same thing still happens. I don't know what to do at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install Adobe Application from their original installer (which is a must) or did you transfer them from an older computer or a backup (which does not work fine)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it from the creative cloud app. No transfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please try removing preferences and cache of InDesign CC 2019 and try relaunching it.

Preference folder: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

Cache folder: Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

If it does not help, please try uninstall and reinstall of InDesign.

Regards

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines