• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign suddenly turned some pages background to grey in a Catalog. Those pages export blank to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After duplicating the file to make a small update on page 50 of a catalog. InDesign suddenly turned ramdom pages bacgrounds to grey. The pages have still their content but pages blank when exported to pdf format. This issue remains with the GPU preview on and off. No changes were made to master pages. Correction made to the cover which it displays correctly. 

Screenshot included where I show on the right the original document (right image), the copy of that document showing the ramdom pages with grey backgrond (middle), and the exported pdf showing the pages with grey background are not exporting (left). Any advice on how to avoid this from happening or how to fix if possible. 

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Try to save the document as IDML. Open the IDML and see if that's fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to save the document as IDML. Open the IDML and see if that's fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Thank you Bob! 

All the pages are back to normal, expect the product images which moved ou of place. I checked and the pages with the conflict all had a .psd file linked instead of a jpg. That might have cause it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realize this is an old post, but may  I ask whay do you think this happens? your solution solved the issue. I just dont understand what caused it, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines