• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Tables - Not Pasting in New Table Rows

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having an issue with copying/pasting in content from one table into another in InDesign 2022? I need to combine tables in InDesign, but it's not even giving me an option to Paste. I've never had this issue before. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the InDesign forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stephaniew59617706 

Can you show a screen shot of each table (at least partial if they are long)? Click an insertion point in each and include the Table panel.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are the two tables. I need to merge them together. I tried adding the four new rows above the bottom table and copying/pasting the content from the first table, but it won't even give me an option for Pasting it in. Either row by row or the whole thing. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 1.03.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephanie,

if you want to paste table rows make sure that the number of columns in both tables are the same.

Could be that you merged cells so that the numbers of columns of the source will not be obvious.

You could first copy one part of a table and paste it into an empty paragraph to "normalize" the number of columns.

And then copy from that result the range of cells over to your target table.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines