• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Text Box Issues

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having font container issues. I've been using InDesign for as long as I can remember, but today when I take the type tool and draw a text box, then copy/paste the content from a word document into the text box, the content seems to be inside a different box. It's as if the text box is inside an image box. I've deleted the extra box thinking maybe it was leftover and I accidently clicked in it when I pasted my copy, but that didn't help. I restarted InDesign and that worked for ONE text box, but when I tried to draw a new text box for a separate area of type, it's doing the same thing. the left half of the copy block is visually cut off. The box also seems to be locked in place, so I can't move it around the page at all.

Thanks for any help on this!

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nitarie2003 I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I can't duplicate your problem using Windows 10 and ID v17.0.1. What is your system and version? If you are using Mac, check your GPU performance. That may fix the locking (can't move) issue. Adobe InDesign GPU Performance feature enhancements.

Look at settings under Clipboard Handling in Preferences. Check the default object styles for the text box. With this latest version, sometimes I see an object style appear with a + next to it for no reason whatsoever, and I have to toggle with another object style to get it to clear. Very strange!

JainLemos_1-1639603599458.png

JainLemos_0-1639603353665.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nitarie2003:

Is text wrap on somewhere it shouldn't be?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Barb's reply, check text wrap. There may be some document default setting that's causing the problem. What happens if you draw a new text frame and just type? 

Also, in general, it's better to use File > Place with a Word doc, not copy/paste. You can also select Import Options in the Place dialog and control how the file is imported (formatted or not, images inline or not, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With nothing selected, check your Object > Text Frame Options for any inset (and text wrap, as mentioned).

image.png

Also, be sure you are not copying a Text Box from Word

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines