Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign text wrap not working - shows up w/ blank box

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 10.03.42 AM.png 

When I place any photo in any document, the content in the text wrap box is empty. How can I fix? Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @noriek31938412 ,

this is really an odd behavior. I assume you have to trash either InDesign preferences and/or caches.

If you are on InDesign 2022 you should first backup two identical named Version 17.0 folders in your machine's user folder. The exact position depends on your operating system. Details below, scroll down to "Restore all preferences and default settings": https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe - I recently trashed the preferences because I had an issue w/ the type menu not appearing correctly. Not happy w/ the recent versions of InDesign,w ay messed up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled InDesign and reinstalled it and the text wrap menu appeared. Is trashing preferences or reinstalling going to be the fix for the contining menu problems I'm having? No time for that—what's going on Adobe?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blank menu is a sign of a corrupted cache, so it wouod be faaster to trash that than do a reinstall.

that said,  it sounds like you probably have a software conflict with some other background program if this is happeing with any frequency -- InDesign is generally pretty stable in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I use all Adobe products plus Word, PPT and Excel. That's it. This issue and now more similar ones where the menus are not appearing occur very consistently. Clearing cache everytime doesn't seem to be a good answer. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, if rthis is a common occurrence it's most likely a software conflict of some sort, probably with some background program that runs all the time.

If it happens every time you run InDesign, or nearly every time, you can confirm it's a conflict by starting the computer in Safe mode and then running InDesign. If it works properly, that's your confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too ... how do i fix it? 

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

see Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting  and scroll down to find instructions for manually clearing the cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines