• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign textblock fills with black

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened an InDesign doc that has been in progress, now some of the text boxes are filled with solid black areas that cover the type. How can I fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I wasn't quite sure how/where to place my question. I stumbled upon this spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Stephanie28896839i1p4,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. Would you mind telling us the version of InDesign installed on your machine? Does that happen with all files or with a specific file? Did you tried copy-pasting the content of this file into a new file and let us know if the issue persists?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on InDesign 19.2. I just setup new doc, copied and pasted text into this and the same black areas appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me open up some other files I have and see if this is also happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't see it happening in other InDesign docs that I have in the works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that paragraph shading is applied to some paragraphs. paragraph shading is NOT a frame attribute but a tesxt atribute. Check the paragraph styles (if you use them):

Capture d’écran 2024-04-22 à 23.56.39.png

If you don't use styles, use the dropdown menu at the very end of the control panel to check if there is a paragraph shading.Capture d’écran 2024-04-22 à 23.56.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Okay, well that's embarrassing. That's all it was...
Not sure how that got checked.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines