• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign: Unable to delete unused color swatches

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens a lot. I attempt to remove unused swatches, and some can't be deleted, the trash icon grayed out in the Swatches panel. This has happened from CS6 through the current CC 2018 build of InDesign and includes jobs with no linked assets. I know I'm not alone because this issue is shared by many in my workplace. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Is it a spot color used in a placed graphic? Link removed, but color is still undeletable? Worth to try then:

1. Create an AI file with the offending swatch used. 2. Place that file in InDesign. 3. Delete it from InDesign. 4. Now check if the swatch is still undeletable.

If it is, check this post for other possible solutions (read comments, too). You may find the one which will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, but the only graphics in the document are grayscale images. The color is a Pantone spot color, and I no longer have access to Pantone colors, which I suspect is what is causing the problem. I have changed all the color in the document to CMYK but cannot delete the Pantone swatch, even though I search the swatch and it says it is not used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anne Marie38619211umw7 , You can get the Pantone .acb libraries here:

https://github.com/Autocrit/Pantone-color-libraries

They get installed here: Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe InDesign 20XX⁩ ▸ ⁨Presets⁩ ▸ ⁨Swatch Libraries⁩

If that doesn’t work can you share your file saved as an .IDML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't figure out how to download the Pantone swatches from the website you provided. I am attaching the .idml file that I'm having a problem with. I either need to remove the Pantone swatch or change the swatch to PMS652, the color equilivent approved by our design team for the color in this document (the Ocean Blue color). I've already changed all the color to the acceptable CMYK color, assuming I could delete the swatch once that was done. Our printer can swap in the PMS color for us, since this is a 2-color job, but I want to be sure they don't use the wrong one, hence the need to delete the one in the file. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldn't figure out how to download the Pantone swatches

Click the Code button to download a zip archive of the .acb files

Screen Shot 31.png

You have a Paragraph and Character Style that are using PANTONE 285. If I edit the color for Subhead 1 and color, I can delete the spot color

Screen Shot 32.png

Screen Shot 33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines