Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign update 19.0.1 on MacOS Sonoma

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is anyone having any issues with InDesign latest update, working on MacOS Sonoma? Since I have installed the Sonoma MacOS and updated InDesign to 19.0.1, it seems InDesign has been unstable, lot of time it just freezes up, or even when the app is open I can't seem to open any files, and sometimes suddenly while working in the InDesign file, some of the functions stops working; for example the Text Wrap will not show the digits of the input that I would want to put in, the box would just stay blank!! It so frustrating. Can someone advise to any solutions?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have done a search before updating. There are bugs in Sonoma that effect InDesign only. Apple needs to fix them.

In the meantime, if you were wise enough to make a complete backup, roll back to Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude you are really getting annoying … Apple has just released MacOS 14.2 and Adobe wasn’t able to optimise InDesign ever since the first release of Sonoma, which is like almost three months back. 

Touting Windows doesn’t do any good either, have you read all the bugs of Adobe apps related to Windows 11? Haven’t seen any optimisation for Windows for ARM just yet and the latest version 23H2 is not listed as supported by InDesign yet either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not touting anything. A question was asked...I answered it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was never a first release of Sonoma, only not final beta version. No one is able to finalize a compatibility to a developing version of any os untill it is ready. Anyone who uses a beta version uses it on his own risk and should expect problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You for your response.  Well, from the basic research I had done at the time, I did not come across any flags or concerns regarding this incompatability! So wasn't aware of it and it was working well until just day before yesterday! So almost for few weeks everything was working just fine. Suddenly, just day before yesterday it started giving trouble. 

On another note, all this issues started happening on my iMac desktop. My laptop has the same OS - Sonoma, and same InDesign version, it works fine on the laptop!! So I had raised the question, to see if anyone can throw some light on any hardware related issues too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines