• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign updates link only once during session

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. I've seen this issue on forums, but it's not yet been solved for me.

So I'm working in ID and then go to modify a Photoshop link. When I switch back to ID it updates automatically, which is great. However, all subsequent changes to that same Photoshop file require me to manually update it in ID.

Any fixes you know of?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get ID to automatically update an edited PS or AI file, you must use the Edit Original command in ID. Accessing a PS or AI without using Edit Original doesn't create the auto-update connection you're enjoying after saving your linked file. The make things easier going from ID to PS or AI, simply Option/Alt+double-click on the image you want to edit in PS or AI. This keyboard shortcut will automatically open the file in its respective creator app. Once you're done editing the file, Save and return to ID where you'll see the updated photo or graphic in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Scott.

As it is, that's exactly what I do: I click on the image and choose the "edit original" from the drop down menu. Still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines