• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign with AMD Ryzen 7 working?

Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

a friend is working with InDesign and asking me for support to buy a new notebook.
She found a good one but it's not an intel but an AMD Ryzen 7 processor working inside - do you guys know whether InDesign will work with that one or would we run in any trouble?

Thanks in advance,

BR Andy

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on the model I suppose - AMD Ryzen 7 comes in many different forms.

But haven't heard anything negative about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a religion question. I'm in Intel cult, some my friends in AMD church. Many years early Intel processors works better with Adobe software (let it be my opinion). Only thing you can do - test by yourself and make your own decision. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current laptop uses an Intel processor, but I wouldn't hesitate to go with AMD. I ran Windows 7 and Adobe programs on AMD for years with no issues.

These days buying a computer is almost as much about what you can find ready for delivery as it is about what's inside. Get the highest end processor you can find in your price range combined with a lot of RAM. Ram is probably more important if you need to make a tradeoff. I would go for a minimum of 16 gb, 32 would be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The initial release of Windows 11 did have some issues but that's long since been corrected. There is no reason to avoid that processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines