• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign XMPie uCreate plug in

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a designer at a Print Shpp and I need to be able to use XMPie uCreate plug in that you can get for InDesign to create editable dynamic documents. I have this link https://alphagraphicshelp.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/47000542619-ucreate-installer that I'm supposed to use to install the plug in but it says that I need InDesign CC 2018 or higher. The thing is, I have InDesign 2020 so I'm not sure why it's not recognizing that I have the most recent version of InDesign. Any clues or links that might be better...?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

The XMPie plug-ins to generate dynamic content are supported by Xerox, who makes XMPie at https://help.xmpie.com/index.htm

InDesign 2020 was releaed a year ago, so the plug-in should have been adjusted by now.

You might need to download an update to your plug-in so that it's compatible for InDesign 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the kind of question to direct to whoever provides support for the XMPie plug-in. This forum is monitored by InDesign users, 99% of who don't use that plug-in. The plug-in developer does provide support, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pompus response. Adobe is NOT free, or inexpensive.

The User Community TRUSTS adobe to manage, monitor and validate 3rd Party Approved Plugins.

The Adobe reponse is "not our problem?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the people answering questions on this forum are not Adobe Employees. We're volunteers who are here to help Adobe Users. I suggest you take the advice of Steve Werner and Bevi_Chagnon (two extremely knowledgeable members of this community) instead of trying to insult experts who are trying to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe …

Adobe does not “manage, monitor, and validate 3rd party approved plugins.” In fact, there are no such plug-ins “approved” by Adobe for InDesign any more so than there are third party plug-ins approved by Microsoft for Office or for that matter third party applications approved by Microsoft for Windows or Apple for MacOS.

FWIW, with each version of InDesign, there are significant enough changes in the application and the file formats that you should assume that you may need an update to third party plug-ins such as those from XMPie.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XMPie plug-ins to generate dynamic content are supported by Xerox, who makes XMPie at https://help.xmpie.com/index.htm

InDesign 2020 was releaed a year ago, so the plug-in should have been adjusted by now.

You might need to download an update to your plug-in so that it's compatible for InDesign 2020.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have it worked for anyone in 2020 bersion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Xmpie in InDesign 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines