• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indexing non existing words

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to index a concept that a page talk about.
Exemple: on page 10 the author talk about war, but the word war is never written on that page.
How to place the number 10 in the existing index reference about war who has already others pages numbers?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One approach would be to make a layer and a text frame where you supply the word, index it, but either set the stroke and fill to none or paper or hide the layer. It will show up in the index you generate.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, Why not just put the word in a frame set to non-printing? I do this a lot for TOCs, and I make the text in such frames very obvious in normal view, usually making it big and red, so I don't forget it's there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You very much Mike.

Since I post this question, I have found a way to do what I want.

I simply go on the page where I want to index the word/concept, place my cursor somewhere in the page (near the text of the concept) click there, then, in the Index window, click on "Create an index entry".

When the next window open, I write, in the first heading, my word click on OK and my word appears in the Index list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines