• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IndexMatic3

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently purchased the script for use in a catalogue I'm producing. It's a very basic index that contains a list of names/companies (all with a common character style assigned). I'm using the 'Single Query' option (/.+/), plus the character style to find the required data. One of the names/company entries contains a digit at the end of the name. While the Single Query is finding the digit, when the Index is created the single digit is being displayed in a bold font - like the page numbers. I can't find a way to isolate the digit contained in the company name so that it displays in a light font to match the rest of the company name?

eg:
Smith4 67, 69
rather than
Smith4 67, 69

any help welcome!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

You should contact the author of the script, @Marc Autret.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @steveg78558378,

I am not sure on how to use the script you have but if you use the following Grep, you will have the name in the 1st capturing group and the ending digit in the 2nd capturing group

(.*?)(\d+)

See the following link for checking the regex

https://regex101.com/r/h1SyNt/1

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan

Thanks, unfortunately your suggestion only returns the x1 instance that I was having trouble with - and ignores all others. I made a new Find query to select just the digit in that one name, even then it returns with the digit in the bold font assinged to page numbers, rather than as an Index entry - maybe it's something to do with the way that the script displays digits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the RegEx link. I added a zero or one time to the digit find - which returned all the right data, but still formatted the digit in the name as a page number. I'm not even able to apply a GREP style to convert the digit to text style without affecting all the other page numbers style

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should contact the author of the script, @Marc Autret.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter, Marc's prompt response confirmed that the issue was of my own making.
I had applied a semi-bold \d+ GREP style to the generated Index paragraph style. I managed to fix the issue with an untidy 'work around'. I need to spend time to understand the functions of the script properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines