• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting print-ready PDF's into Indesign Magazine

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I am putting my first magazine together in Indesign. The client is sending the advertisements as print ready PDFs (which include bleed and all printers marks) to me for insertion. What is the best way to go about this? Place as an image into the Indesign doc and then try and align the printers marks (I worry that when I then export with printers marks there will be two sets on these pages)? Try and place after export into Acrobat? Many thanks for any advice.

How would a (litho) printer handle this type of imposition?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In each case, I would just Place the PDF in the InDesign layout and use the frame to crop out unwanted bleed and/or marks. In cases where the bleed is applicable, you should still be able to crop out the marks and leave enough bleed (unless they set the marks at 0 offset).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the crop marks have been added in Acrobat's Advanced section of the Print dialog window then they will only appear when printed. If you then import a file that has been saved with trim marks turned on (in Acrobat) into InDesign the trim marks will not be there and you can insert the pdfs into graphic frames on the InDesign pages. If the crops were added manually in InDesign or Illustrator prior to making the pdfs then they will appear and you may have the problem of aligning the crops in InDesign. If the page sizes of the pdf ads match your InDesign pages then it might be best to export the InDesign (with crops and bleed) to a print ready pdf and then insert the pdf ad pages into that pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also just remove the crop marks using Acrobat. That is what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a script for Show Options https://indesignsecrets.com/script-show-options-files.php

Once you have selected your image frame in InDesign -run the script and choose the option you require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you 🙂 I will definitely give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines