Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Hebrew or Arabic version of InDesign

Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to install Hebrew or Arabic version if InDesign, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Creative Cloud app and change the App Language from the Preferences

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

1. Choose Arabic or Hebrew from the list
  2. Go back to the Apps list and click the Install button

Please check this help article for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019
  1. I think it is important to mention that you need NOT to uninstall your primary language. The installer adds only missing plugins which are necessary to work with RTL texts.
  2. If you want to work with the UI in your primary language you have to change back the preferences to that language. E.g. if you work in German, you will install these languages and if you do not switch back to German in your preferences you will have the UI in English.
  3. The same path is also to be choosen with Asian and other lan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I think it is important to mention that you need NOT to uninstall your primary language. The installer adds only missing plugins which are necessary to work with RTL texts.
  2. If you want to work with the UI in your primary language you have to change back the preferences to that language. E.g. if you work in German, you will install these languages and if you do not switch back to German in your preferences you will have the UI in English.
  3. The same path is also to be choosen with Asian and other language systems which are able but I do not recommend to install all available language systems as InDesign or InCopy will become unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for adding your valuable inputs Willi. This would provide more clarity to the users, really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the InDesign version for Arabic following your instructions.

But when I restore my Italian language from the Preferences, InDesign continues to open the Arabic version and not my previous one by default. Can you help me? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally InDesign draws its language from the primary language of the OS. The preference in the CC App controls the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Willi, it helped

https://dugish.com/mom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall Italian?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO, I've only installed the English arabic version without uninstalling my
Italian version.
This is the strange…

Fabio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently came across this article where Dr. Ken Lunde shares another approach:

https://ken-lunde.medium.com/adobe-indesign-tips-japanese-cjk-functionality-english-ui-redux-539528e...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but that doesn't solve my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines