Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interaction between object status and button does not work

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I would like to create an interactive presentation. For this purpose, I have created different object states that should be selectable with buttons. Unfortunately this doesn't work properly and I don't know what to do. If you click on the button, the status changes as desired. But if you move the mouse pointer away from the button, the object is set to status 1 or simply disappears.

Can someone help here? A testfile is attached.

Many thanks in advance.
Greetings Nadine

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work. Can you post a link to the Publish Online document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On which device with which program did you test it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it's created in Indesign 18.5 under mac OS Ventura 13.4.1. And tested with the preview in Indesign, the current versions of Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded your document and published, and it performed the way you described. I deleted each action in the buttons and reapplied, and now the publish online file seems to behave as you want, see the edited file.

edited file publish online  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely something buggy there. I wonder if an IDML round trip would have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for your document. I am now at home on my Mac and I noticed that the option "Back on rolloff" (Zurück bei Rolloff - screenshot is attached) is no longer selected. In the office there was still a check mark. But the option could not be adjusted, which is why I assumed that it is not relevant. I have created new buttons and they work as they should. 

Is there a default setting that must be adjusted so that the option is not automatically selected?

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for your document. I am now at home on my Mac and I noticed that the option "Back on rolloff" (Zurück bei Rolloff - screenshot is attached) is no longer selected. In the office there was still a check mark. But the option could not be adjusted, which is why I assumed that it is not relevant. I have created new buttons and they work as they should.

Is there a default setting that must be adjusted so that the option is not automatically selected?

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save as IDML unfortunately did not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you originally use on rollover for your buttons? If so, that might explain it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no actually. i have also recreated the buttons in the office several times. always with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Go Back on Roll Off" is available for rollover, not "Release or Tap" which was the Event that was chosen when I opened your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's strange because rollover was never selected. i'll look again tomorrow in the office to see if i can change the checkbox when i select rollover. and create the buttons there again. Thanks a lot for the support today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines