Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal hyperlinks in exported PDF go to wrong location

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I've got a strange problem happening when I export an accessible interactive PDF from Indesign.

I am working with an agency to create an accessible PDF for a client. Apart from the obvious rarity of accessible PDFs and the agency explaining that it isn't the ideal way to go, the client wants to go that way anyway.

There are a number of internal hyperlinks that take the reader from the contents page to various chapter divider pages throughout the magazine. Once the interactive PDF has been created these links view correctly on my mac and also the agency's mac. But when the client clicks the links, they are taken to other pages.

There was an issue with the sectioning and numbering which I have sorted but the error still persists. And the fact that we can't replicate the issue at our end is very odd.

If anyone has seen this before or knows of a work around it would be most appreciated as I can't seem to find this issue on a usual google search.

Thanks 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi patbyrnedesign,

We are sorry for the delay in response. We would love to investigate the issue on our end. Is it possible for you to share the download link to this InDesign file? If yes, then please share the link with me over a private message. 

It would also be helpful to share the link that is expected to open when the client clicks on it and the link that is getting opened.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@patbyrnedesign, I'm concerned this is happening with your TOC in the PDF; that's quite a serious bug for accessibility. InDesign has some glithes with hyperlinks, but generally not with the TOC.

To help diagnose what's happening and why, would you mind answering a few questions?

• What version of InDesign are you using.
  • Assuming you're on a Mac, which operating system are you using.
  • Did you use InDesign's TOC utility — Layout / TOC Styles to set the pattern, and then Layout / TOC to actually generate the TOC.
  • After the TOC was generated, were any manual edits made to the TOC itself.
  • Are there any manual bookmarks in the document, and if so were they included in the TOC. (Manual bookmarks are made via the Hyperlinks Panel.)
  • Is the project a multi-chapter one that is managed with InDesign's Book utility.

Thanks,

—Bevi Chagnon

ACP in this Forum, and expert for accessibility with InDesign

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines