• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to batch modify text frames?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a proof copy back from KDP and noticed the margins were not correct.

I have corrected the margins, but now it seems I will need to go to each page one at a time to resize the text frame for the new margins.  Is this the correct/only approach to resize all of the pages to the new margins?

- Steve

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify - I have corrected the margins on my parent pages and applied to all pages. The issue is just that the text frames are sized on all pages for the previous margins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way to do this is: (1) Go back to your original document, before you readjusted the margins on the master pages and applied that to all pages.

(2) In the Scripts Panel, in the Community folder, there's a script called "Snap Margins to Text Frame." That script will allow you to resize a text frame to the correct size and readjust the entire document to match.

Instructions for using that script are on my website, here: https://www.id-extras.com/snap-margins-to-text-frame/ .

HTH,

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines