• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any script to fine -tune the lines of text selected, so that they are full of text boxes?

Advocate ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I adjust the directory, I often encounter inconsistencies at the bottom.
I used to align both ends, but later I found that it was not very useful.

I am now fine -tuning the line, either increased the distance, fill it, or reduce the line of row.
IIs there any script to fine -tune the lines of text selected, so that they are quickly full of text boxes? 

That must be great
Two functions: sometimes+, sometimes--, One with a script panel.

Thank you~

668.png669.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per previous discussion - about baseline alignment - you need to define Baseline Grid in hour document - and set all texts / ParaStyles to align to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check your Paragraph’s Keep Options:

Screen Shot 10.pngScreen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to keep the options.
It is too rigid.
I now need to be flexible control, not fixed rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You either want text in TextFrames to be aligned or not - otherwise - it will look very bad. 

And as always - you need to be more specific... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to keep the options.
It is too rigid.
I now need to be flexible control, not fixed rules.

By @dublove

If you need text to be top and bottom aligned - you need to set vertical justification to justified - in the TextFrame or in the ObjectStyle applied to your TextFrames - but if your TFs won't be fully filled with text - spacing between text lines in between won't have the same spacing... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your head style has a space above that equals the leading and maintains the baseline alignment, so it doesn’t fit on the last baseline. Your only choice would be to override and set it to 0— but then it doesn’t match the other heads. I would leave the empty space.

Screen Shot 11.png

Screen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't understand what I mean, what I want is free control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I don't understand how you expect a script to fix the problem. If you want to keep the baselines aligned, there are only 2 choices, which I am showing above-- both create inconsistent spacing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just one situation.
There are other cases, using fine -tuning spacing is a more suitable method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is just one situation.
There are other cases, using fine -tuning spacing is a more suitable method.

By @dublove

You should really stop thinking like that - and you really should get some even basic training. 

You should ALWAYS have your text aligned to the Baseline Grid(*) - otherwise, your text will look awful. 

(*) You could avoid that - but it would require a lot more work - defining a lot of additional ParaStyles - for each possible situation in the text - and precisely define spacing before & after. 

That's why Align to Baseline Grid is the easiest method. 

In the case from your screenshot - you should either find a way to add extra row somewhere before - even if it would have to be a few pages before - or simply make right text column shorter. 

Take ANY book or ANY newspaper - do you see anywhere situations, where "body" text is "jumping around"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use scripts like Adobe's Auto Leading plugin for InDesign or Illustrator, or tools like Justify Text or Align Text in Photoshop to fine-tune text alignment and spacing automatically. These tools help adjust text boxes to fill spaces effectively.

By @whites385192593sxv

This is some kind of AI spam. Just in case you attempt to look for these "plugins".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines