• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a text wrap problem or something else??

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use InDesign 2022. My Text wrap is set to 'none'.

When I open a new text box it’s automatically applying a 1" a white space top and bottom that is the width of the text box. Also a 1/4" white space to each side of the box, that is the height of the text box. These 'white panels' (I hesitate to call them text wraps) blank out other text boxes and photos, but sometimes the text from the underlying text box shows through. Bringing the photo to the front can help where a photo is concerned.

This is especially annoying when I need a smaller photo within the text and the text disappears to the side of the caption box. Photos text wrap just fine. Also if I have to put two text boxes together - one's 'white panels' invariably blanks out the other box's text.

I have tried all sorts of on-line suggestions but none seemed to help, and after one I couldn't even drop a photo onto a page. Desperate, I used 'restore' on my computer to reset everything to June 27 (earliest date possible) and I can now place photos, but the white space problem persists.

Please help. I have two journals to get completed and I'm going crazy with this problem.

Peta
problem.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have applied to your text frame a huge stroke width. Set it to 0.

To create text frames with no stroke in the future select the tool and set it to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willi is suggesting that there is a wide stroke assigned to the frame, but I think there is a wide border assigned to the paragraph style that is being used within the frame. The difference is how the text appears in your screen shot. If Willi's answer doesn't work, click inside the text and disable the Border in the Paragraph section of the Properties panel. 

~Barb

2024-07-03_08-08-54.png

2024-07-03_08-12-03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another possibility is that there is a wide Paragraph Rule set both above and below with a large offset as paert of the style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines