• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue exporting PDF in InDesign. GRAY background in one of the images

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a PDF for printing and for some reason it shows a strange gray background on one of the images in the document. This doesn't show if I open the PDF in any software like back in InDesign or Illustrator. Here's an example of my issueScreen Shot 2022-07-08 at 12.22.29 PM.png

As you can see the gray background is behind the boat. The boat is originally a png image with no transparency.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

I've seen this issue often when a drop shadow is cast by a contoured object such as the bow of your ship. The best chance of avoiding it is to make sure that the PDF uses a preset of High Quality Print and PDF/X-4 as the Standard. PDF/X-4 is always the best standard to use when dealing with transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply drop shadow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one but it doesn't extent that far out of the boat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is most likely a transparency blend spaceissue.

Your link is in a different colourspacethan your document. Change the link's colourspace to the same as your PDF output colour settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue often when a drop shadow is cast by a contoured object such as the bow of your ship. The best chance of avoiding it is to make sure that the PDF uses a preset of High Quality Print and PDF/X-4 as the Standard. PDF/X-4 is always the best standard to use when dealing with transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it is the YDB (Yucky Discolored Box) Syndrome: https://creativepro.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome/

Don't use PNG for that purpose. If you use transparency use only PDF/X-4, PSD or AI for import, no PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines