Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue installing Indesign server trial

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I couldn't see a specific part of the forum for Indesign Server, so I am posting it here.

Hope that is corret.

So like the subject says, i'm having trouble to install Indesign Server trial on our windows server.

I get the "Update required" message.

Nilorn_0-1643627047770.png

I have followed the steps on the "Learn more" page and more.

What I have tried so far is:

• Run windows update to make sure it's up to date
  • Update acrobat/cloud to the latest versions
  • Added the registry file found on the "Learn more" page. Which makes sure that IE11 doesnt open in the wrong mode. I also added "Set-up.exe" and "Adobe Installer.exe" to the list of exceptions for good measure.
  • Installed latest version of Edge and changed it to the default browser.

Even after this it still isn't working.

I had hoped it would work after changing to Edge instead, but I think it might still be trying to use IE11.

Since when I click the "Learn more" link it still opens it up in IE11. 

Any suggestions on things I could try would be greatly apprieciated!

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Solution curtesy of Roddy from the Indesign team.

The older installers rely on a now unsupported version of IE as part of the sign-in.

The work around for the older installers is by running the installer from the command line passing the silent flag.

So navigate to the directy containing "Set-up.exe". Run "Set-up.exe --silent=1" and it will install IDS without the UI in the default location "C:\Program Files\Adobe\".

Once it is installed you need to get the Provisioning Toolkit and start the tria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add that I have disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 and made sure that 1.2 is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried disabling IE11 under features. Still no luck 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nilorn,

Did you verify if your computer meets the minimum system reuirements for the IDS version you are trying to install. See the following link for details

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/system-requirements-indesign-server.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Thank you for your reply!

I checked the system and as far as I can tell it meets the requirements.

It is Windows server 2016. Has 8gb of ram. A 64bit processor. Internet access etcetera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution curtesy of Roddy from the Indesign team.

The older installers rely on a now unsupported version of IE as part of the sign-in.

The work around for the older installers is by running the installer from the command line passing the silent flag.

So navigate to the directy containing "Set-up.exe". Run "Set-up.exe --silent=1" and it will install IDS without the UI in the default location "C:\Program Files\Adobe\".

Once it is installed you need to get the Provisioning Toolkit and start the trial using that.

Instructions on how to do that in this link 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/release-note/indesign-server-december-2019-15-release-notes.html

InDesign server 15.1.1 and up use a different installation process so this solution applies to 15.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings. Any chance you would know what the command line argument is for InDesign Server 2017? I tried --silent=1 and it didn't seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines