• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue opening files in Indesign

Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this post I would like to ask a question.

I have a Mac which has issues opening Indesign files. When double clicking a file in the finder, the Indesign tmp file is created, but the file is not openend and displayed. After a second or thirth attempt it seems to work.

I've tried reverting to the default workspace, removing caches, removing preferences, ... nothing seems to work. The issue occures on Os X Monterey, in CC2022 and 2023. The files are located on a server. Using the same user account on another machine, the issue doesn't occure. Using another account on the same machine, the issue persists. 

Does any one have any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have full read/write permissions to the location on the drive.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1203/mac

And can you let us know if it's locally on your computer - or is from a cloud service like Dropbox or Adobe Cloud Service or another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files are located on a server. Using the same account on another machine, the issue doesn't occure ... It seems the issue is related to the machine ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign do you have installed on your computer and which version of Indesign were the documents you are trying to open created in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated the orignal post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines