• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with displaying Hindi script/font/language properly.

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Google Input Tools for writing Hindi text (Indian Language) by typing English letters which gets Transliterated by Google Tool.

Sys Config: Windows 7
InDesign version: CS6
Font used: Mangal (pre-installed in Windows 7)

In some places the text works fine whereas in some characters there are some issues that bar InDesign from rendering them properly. MS Word renders the text precisely.

Screenshots to help you understand my issue:

Screenshot 1: http://lookpic.com/O/i2/880/e6ZOQm5t.png (Testing the Font in MS Word - I)

Screenshot 2: http://lookpic.com/O/i2/904/uydThvO.png (Testing the Font in MS Word - II)

Screenshot 3: http://lookpic.com/O/i2/1919/0YXka6YK.png (Testing the Font in Adobe InDesign CS6 - I)

Screenshot 4: http://lookpic.com/O/i2/1514/ioJmqtAi.png (Testing the Font in Adobe InDesign CS6 - II)

As you can see from the screenshots linked above, the MS Word is able to render the Google Input Text properly but Adobe InDesign CS6 doesn't

Please help me solve this problem/issue ASAP. Will be so greatful.

I've no idea about Language/Font support and Scripts (Latin, Unicode, etc)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

In Type/Paragraph use Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Type/Paragraph use Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Ellis
DIdn't expect such prompt solution.Can you also (if possible) elaborate on what "Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer" does/did which corrected the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find a little more information about the subject here: http://blogs.adobe.com/vikrant/2012/05/indesign-cs6-indic-support-and-preferences/

"With InDesign CS6, you have the ability to create documents using indic text. Adobe World-Ready Composer (WRC) provides correct word shaping for many of the non-Western scripts, such as Devanagari. Adobe World-Ready composers in the International English version of InDesign, support several indian languages including Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Punjabi,Bengali, Telugu, Oriya, Malayalam, and Kannada."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much once again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was brilliant....its taken care off in Indesign.....however I am still facing the issue with Photoshop and iIlustrator...any help would be highly appreciated (y) thanks a million

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, the easiest solution to this is go to the page; Unicode <=> Kruti dev Converter | Rajbhasha.net राजभाषा बीकानेर

Whatever you need to write has to be written correctly in Google Tools and pasted in Unicode box before converted to Kruti dev. From Kruti dev you can directly paste it in Photoshop and Illustrator. You'll get no discrepancies then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This is probably one of the most wonderful tools I can use for Hindi. I'll give nice amount of try and give you an update. So helpful of you evanjelinak16660737​ !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! good luck (y)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million! You made my life so easy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Saved my life. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou so much, i was looking for the same problem from 2 days. it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after using this option i did exported epub in fixed layout. and when opend it in windows 10 i can see 1 box after every line. and then i have opened html in notepad++ the i can see "
" this type symbols after every line. please tell me if any solution.

i have used mangal font for hindi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Epub reflowable instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS MARVEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but everytime i translate a paragraph, i have to change the type<world ready paragraph composer. can we apply this to all the slide we are working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines