• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with text frame settings in InDesign libraries

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to solve an issue I've experienced in InDesign getting text frames to retain their format settings when stored in an object library. 

This problem occurs only with individual text frames, which have their format attributes revert to defaults when stored/edited/saved in the library. Basic font settings within the frame are unaffected, but settings like text wrap, fill, vertical justification and inset spacing are all lost, and have to be manually re-set each time an item is used.

This problem doesn’t run across the board with every type of graphic in the library. Others that I’ve made, whether individual photo frames or multiple objects and text frames grouped together, hold onto all of their formatting as it was originally set from start to finish.

I've looked into altering the object styles settings for the items, but these, too, seem to be rejected by whatever in the library is causing the default. 

Does anyone have experience with this sort of issue, or a suggestion of any solutions or workarounds to try?
TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest you select the text frame and try saving it as "Graphic" or "Paragraph style" from the CC libraries panel by clicking the "+" icon from the right bottom. I hope it helps.

Anshul_Saini_0-1633640353386.png

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines