• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues coming out of sleep -- Mac with M1 processor

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work multiple Adobe programs on two computers, a Mac Studio with M1 Ultra processor and a 14-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Max CPU.  When working on either machine, with some combination of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop open, when the computer comes up out of sleep, the Adobe apps are in full screen width mode but the top of the app windows are only about midway up the screen, plus all of my palettes have been moved from the upper right corner to the upper left corner of the app window.

Is there some switch I can throw to prevent this from happening?  I do not recall seeing this on my prior Macs powered by Intel chips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Disconnect the monitors on the MBP and try putting it to sleep/lock.

We've seen this issue with mulitple external monitors on our M1 MBP.

Mac does not recognize the external monitor when it wakes causing the apps to resize, swap to the default screen size/orientation.

This would explain why you are seeing consistent results each time in the same XY position.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont put your computer to sleep. Lock the screen. I've had this issue for years both Intel and M1, prior to Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RockyRakoon ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this on our end, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of InDesign.
  2. Does this happen every time after resuming from sleep mode?
  3. If possible, please record a video capturing the issue and share it with us.
  4. After reproducing the issue, please collect and share System Logs with us.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of all Adoce programs (Apple silicon versions).  Issue just happened again even after locking screen.  I'll attach a before and after screenshot of Illustrator (Indesign had the same issue and I'll also post that...you can see in the Illustrator after shot that the palette of tools that usually go to the upper right have moved.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have external monitors connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I have two setups and I'm seeing this at both.  One is a MacBook Pro connected to an LG monitor, the other is a Mac Studio connected to a Mac Studio Display.  Hadn't thought if it could be the external monitor thing...this did not happen when I was on the iMac that the Studio has now replaced...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disconnect the monitors on the MBP and try putting it to sleep/lock.

We've seen this issue with mulitple external monitors on our M1 MBP.

Mac does not recognize the external monitor when it wakes causing the apps to resize, swap to the default screen size/orientation.

This would explain why you are seeing consistent results each time in the same XY position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will reach out to Apple on this, too.  It stuns me that this is what is going on.  I mean, my Mac Studio has to have an external monitor so this can't be fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you experience the same issue with the external monitor disconnected from the MBP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me, too. Mac Studio M1 with 2 external monitors. After sleep, EVERY Adobe app (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator) drops to a position about 25% down from the top of the screen. Doesn't hop to the other monitor, but is just positioned lower. Didn't happen before the move to Mac Studio and Adobe 2022 upgrades. Before was using Mac Mini 2018 with same 2 monitors connected to USB-C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know...frustrating, isn't it?  I can almost understand that I might see it by hooking my M1 Max MacBook Pro to an external monitor...but with my M1 Mac Studio ... well it has to hook to an external monitor.  I did not experience this with the 2021 Adobe apps on my older Apple Intel-based machines.  

I just can't  believe this hasn't been fixed yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know and am in the same boat as everyone else. We use M1 minis, studios and laptops in our work environment. Any Mac has some sort of startup/wakeup lag both with monitor recognition and network connectivity.

Every morning my CC shows a "sync error" and my Outlook/Teams are not connected if I launch them too quickly and don't give the bloated Monterey OS time to "wake up".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here with MacMini (2020 build) and a Mac 27" Cinema Display. Any and all Adobe apps in frames will shift downward 25% onscreen and need to be "pulled back up" and repositioned. So far for me, no loss of integrity of any docs or files open with this issue. But, it shouldn't be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines