Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues creating new layout

Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time ago I began a document which:

• has a layout (named in the attached images as "Letter V") that is 7.5"w x 9.5"h. The layout dimension related to certain vision issues I had at the time and the size of the monitor availble;
  • multiple chapters each of which are separate files. I was planning on combining the files eventually but this layout size allowed me, given my vision issue, to see a "whole" page at once and to easily navigate between chapters (files).

Recently I got a new and much larger monitor and I now want to work on standard 8.5"w x 11"h page size. I have began the process by creating a new layout, labled "Custom 240320.00," as per Screenshot 01 attached.

I imported some text from an original file in the Letter V layout. I find that, not surprisingly, it adds paragraph and character styles under "Custom 240320.00." These are duplicates of the styles already present in paragraph and character styles panes, see Screenshot 02.

Is there a way in which I can designate all of the paragraph and character styles in Letter V layout as the full range of paragraph and character styles available in Custom 240320.00 layout so that when I bring in text from files using Letter V layout it does not enter them again, this time under Custom 240320.00?

Rephrased, I want to have a new Template file that has page size set as 8.5"w x 11"h but includes all of the paragraph and character styles used in the Letter V layout.

How do I do this?

Also, I notice that the the two layouts shown in Screenshot 01 follow one after the other when I scroll down in the work window - see Screenshot 03...Letter V has 43 pages which preceed the pages in Custom

240320.00. Once the paragraph and character styles issue is resolved, how do I get rid of the Letter V pages?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the Paragraph Styles panel sub menu panel to Load Paragraph Styles

Navigate to your source document containing the styles 

You will then have the option to load all the paragraph/character styles that are available in that document and choose to use the incoming definition or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines