Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keep interactive pdf in import of a new document indesign

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I import an interactive pdf into a new indesign document and export it in interactive pdf format, I don't have the available functions. I tried to import the native indesign file but it doesn't change anything. Do you have a solution?

Thanks a lot.

Romain

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020
That is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob is right, InDesign don't have such features. You're need to re-create all need it interactive things directly in InDesign or try to work with Acrobat Pro (it depends of your tasks).

For example, years ago in a galaxy far far away I was do some big interactive technical manuals where resulted PDF was collected from many PDFs that was created in InDesign, some 3d-PDF software, some video-software, buttons created directly in Acrobat Pro and automatcally spreaded to all pages, etc/etc/etc, and all of that was combine into one "body"-pdf with special scripts through Acrobat Pro. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you for this refresher answer. That is exactly the workaround I used before. Thankfully the sweet-search-sprites were on duty today and led me to this post. Ah yes, there is a workaround for everything. Even in PageMaker 1.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you have a solution?"

May be:

- If you want to edit form fields, comments or multimedia objects you should use Acrobat Pro directly.

- If you want to edit the layout, edit the native INDD file and export it as PDF (a "flat" PDF, without interactivity). Open the old PDF with Acrobat Pro, find the "Pages" panel (on the left side) and use "Replace pages" (right-clic or local menu) to replace old pages by the new one from the new PDF.

"Replace pages" leaves all metadata, form fields, comments and multimedia objects untouched, so you just have to rearrange them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you for this refresher answer. That is exactly the workaround I used before. Thankfully the sweet-search-sprites were on duty today and led me to this post. Ah yes, there is a workaround for everything. Even in PageMaker 1.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines