• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep page orientation when exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create different page orientations in a single document that will keep their orientation when exported to PFD?  I have created a custom page in "edit page size", but it does nothing. I know that rotating the view in indesign is just to make it easier to look at and will not carry over when exported. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Create a parent/master to the new orientation. For example, if your page size is 8.5x11 inches, create a parent 11x8.5 inches. The other option is to rotate in the Pages pane in Acrobat Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Make a new parent page--you can change the size there.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maggie142 ,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion which you can refer to here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/my-indesign-document-has-horizontal-and-vertical...5

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw that.  Edit page size is not working for me. The screen shot in the discussion above is cut off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a parent/master to the new orientation. For example, if your page size is 8.5x11 inches, create a parent 11x8.5 inches. The other option is to rotate in the Pages pane in Acrobat Pro. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the page size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a new parent page--you can change the size there.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect.  Can I replace all the instances of Parent A with Parent B?  I know I can do it manually, just want to know if there is a replace all function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes--you can select all the desired pages (cntl- or cmd-click); then use the Apply Parent Page command/menu. Your content on each page may have to be rotated or rearranged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Maggie142 , You can also use the Page Tool with the Transform panel to change the size and orientation of any page(s) you select in the Pages panel:

Screen Shot 24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines