Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcuts not working CC 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For some time, however, before updating to the 2020 version, the keyboard shortcuts like "shift + D" to duplicate or "shift + drag" to scale an element proportionally or "option + space" to zoom in no longer work. I tried all the solutions found on the forum but they didn't give results: I restarted the application doing the preferences reset, I deleted the files of preferences and cache, I restarted the mac, I reset the pram, ... I work on macbook pro Mojave. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 149 Replies 149
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing if you are using any tablet (like Wacom or Huion)?

If you do, please remove them and then try to work on InDesign. Let us know how it goes.

Also, We'd like to know if you are using third party applications (like web extensions).

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To ALL Adobe employees, this issue with the shortcuts has nothing to do with "third party" applications. I don't have any tablets or anything hooked up to my Macbook. The ONLY thing that changed was updating my Adobe CC to the 2020 versions. Now any short cuts that use the "option" or space bar do not work. This goes for Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign!!! I've been using these programs for almost two decades and these shortcuts have become second nature to all of us. Please fix this ASAP!!! It's effecting my job. I'm sure many others are feeling the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I bought a new mac and I need to rettun it because Adobe shortcyts DO NOT WORK!!!!!!

it is insane! I lost 2 days of work and spent hours with Adobe on the phone.

I'm writing to the creatives here- wich other programs (non Adobe) are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: please look fully into this persistent problem, in collaboration
with Apple, and fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem, I don't have tablets or anything connected to my Macbook. The only thing that changed was updating my Adobe CC to the 2020 versions. The short cuts don´t working! It´s frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Suddenly changed today. Mac went to sleep for a couple of hours. Came back and my shortcuts no longer work. Extremely annoying and cause of loss of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, i found it was Microsoft Excel interfering with the shortcuts. Had exactly same issue on new Macbook pro with new CC. No shortcuts were working, no hand panning possible with space bar etc etc. After quitting Excel, its back to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and was running Microsoft Word in the background. After I quit Word the command and space bar functions returned. I aslo updated to Microsoft 365 from Office 365, so far the issue hasn't reoccured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has done the trick for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mats5FA2 what has done the trick for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I closed Excel everything went back to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, great answer! Works for me to! (was going crazy like everybody LOL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, great answer! Works for me to! (was going crazy like everybody LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting Microsoft Programs fixes the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid not for me and many others. Only restarting the machine works. I've tested this many times now and it happens even with no Microsoft software running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was weird... been on Adobe since the 90s, never seen this. Just quit PPTX and WORD, now my shortcuts work on Adobe. THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thing is: many other programs seem to interfere - it is different each
time. Therefore the real problem is with Adobe/Mac, especially as this was
not a problem before recent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows and have the SAME issue. It's horrible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. I have tried to get help from adobe. This should be so simple. Really slowing me down.!!!!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that... still not seeing some of the shortcuts working... will keep searching. thank you for this answer though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, was working fine on my 2020 Macbook Pro 13" yesterday, but NOT on my 2020 MBP 16" today. Latest updates of everything. This is crazy reading about this! 😮

(For me it seems to be only InDesign not functioning properly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant believe it hasnt got fixed yet. It’s super annoying. My job has affected tremendously by this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!! I thought I was going crazy. It is driving me crazy. Is it possible that a keyboard has to be resinked? I am trying everything. This is a psin, it is slowing me down. Theses commands are second nature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines