• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest ID update doesn't provide the ME version

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to update to the newest version of ID with ME support. I have always had my CC preferences set to English with Hebrew support and that version was always installed with previous updates. However, when I installed the newest update, the Hebrew support was missing. I've double checked my CC preferences for apps and English with Hebrew support is still selected. I've logged out and back in of CC with no change. In the past I never needed to do anything in particular to maintain my Hebrew version support through updates. How can I get it back now? Do I need to uninstall the version I have now (without the Hebrew support)? Will that then give me the opportunity to download the Hebrew support version?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Hi Cyndee,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused. Please try following these steps and let us know how it goes:

Let us know if this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyndee,

wait to update InDesign to 15.1.0.25 until this bug is resolved:

ID 2020 15.1 - All text variables (including page numbers) replaced by "ss" text

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40675342

You are affected if you are using one of the following paragraph composers:

Adobe World-Ready Single-line Composer
Adobe World-Ready Composer

together with any text variable, also Current Page Number or footnotes.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw that problem with 15.1. But, the update I have is 15.0.3 but it is missing the Hebrew support. How can I add the Hebrew support to it based on what I posted in the OP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need help -- how can I get the Hebrew support back that disappeared when I updated to version 15.0.3 (see above)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyndee,

sorry, I have no idea.

Did you follow the steps to install the ME version on top of an e.g. English International version?

Never tried this, but I hope it will help you:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what I want to do is to install the ME version over the regular English version, but it doesn't seem available even though my preferences are correctly set to English with Hebrew support.

And I've done what is shown with the link.

Question is if it might work if I first uninstall the current version of ID that I've got (15.0.3) and then try. Don't want to spend time on that though unless it is likely to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if they pulled it because of the "ss" bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "ss" bug is version 15.1, isn't it? My problem is with version 15.0.3. When I updated to 15.0.3, the Hebrew support was missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyndee,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused. Please try following these steps and let us know how it goes:

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further query.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, it has been resolved. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines