Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Let the command to CMD+B be BLACK.

Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click CMD+B, I want the font to be BLACK instead of BOLD. How can I change it?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

You can't.  As it has been told in your other posts, you definitively should use styles. Until you do it,  you will encounter these kind of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.  As it has been told in your other posts, you definitively should use styles. Until you do it,  you will encounter these kind of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not bothered to test this recently as I use paragraph and character styles to format my text as @jmlevy recommends, however...

In the "old days" using Cmd-B would take a light-style font and make it black. A regular-style font would become bold. Of course, this did not work on every font and, as I said, I have not tested it for a number of years.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as David says whether you get Black or Bold depends on the font. To support other replies, might be easiest to create a character style that does this for you. You can apply a keyboard shortcut to character styles. It won't be Cmd+B, but it would still make formatting one step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to pile on, but it's a basic that the sooner you stop using Word/word processor methods, the sooner you will unlock the real power that InDesign offers.

You can define a character style for Black, and assign a key to apply it. But that starts with some basic mastery of styles, so... 🙂

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines