• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

letter A problem

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big problem in indesign since i made my subscription, (first month subscribtion) it can't write letter A at all not capital not small!!!!!!

Also it shifts laguages oftenly to arabic even when i change the laguage setting from prefrences. this is my second year using indesign so I am not a beginner user hope to find an answer as it affects my study alot and cant proceed with my projects.

thanks

heba

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the letter A work on your keyboard in other applications? It is not uncommon for keyboards to fail. If the problem is just in InDesign this is often a sign of a software conflict. It's also possible you have inadvertently assigned it as a keyboard shortcut to change the language assignement if the shift to Arabic seems related to typing the A.

Language is assigned as a character attribute to your text so that you can have approriate language assigned to individual words. The language settings in the preferences do not assign language to the text, they set the choice of dictionary that will be used for each language to do hyphenation and spell checking when more than one vendor's dictionary is available.

In general, you assign the language for the bulk of your text as a part of your paragraph styles, then change the language for required special cases of foreign words by selecting them and changing the language with a character style or local format override.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Heba, I use the Middle Eastern version of Adobe InDesign for many years and I often switch back and forth between English and Arabic languages in my work. Tell us more about the issue of the preference so I can help you, just explain what you do exactly so I would know what to suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for your answer but I use the recent version of adobe this year my mac is almost new. I havent installed any arabic and havent used it yet as I have not arabic keyboard the point is all my projects in latin laguage eithernin engish or italian. however only indesign app which shifts to arabic in charachter abd paragraph style. I always use english usa from preferences but nothing help. also it cant write the letter A which is sooo frustrated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines