• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked Creative Cloud Document Stopped Working

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed a .psd into my InDesign project from the creative cloud, and for a while it was working great. Whenever I would update the Photoshop document, a simple reload would refresh the changes into the InDesign doc. However, I had some technical issues and was forced to uninstall and then reinstall InDesign. Now the .psd needs to be relinked, but for the life of me I can find no option to link a document from the creative cloud. 

(I know I could just dowload the .psd and then relink it from my hard drive, but I feel like I'm going insane not being able to find this button.)

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Tell me more about your system: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

You said you placed a .psd "from the creative cloud". Exactly what do you mean by that? Are you using InDesign cloud documents, which were in beta test for some time, but now officially is supported in InDesign release version 19.4?

Or were you using the file stored in a folder on your computer called Creative Cloud Files. 

This method

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me more about your system: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

You said you placed a .psd "from the creative cloud". Exactly what do you mean by that? Are you using InDesign cloud documents, which were in beta test for some time, but now officially is supported in InDesign release version 19.4?

Or were you using the file stored in a folder on your computer called Creative Cloud Files. 

This method sharing files was discontinued earlier this year:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

If it was the latter, you need to use the Cloud Documents method which is described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/cloud-documents.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My computer runs Widows 11 Enterprise, version 23H2 and InDesign version 19.4

I used the latter method you showed. I tried it again and everything worked fine, so I'm not sure why I was having issues before. I could have sworn that yesterday it was opening directly to the files on my computer and that there was no "Open Cloud Document" button. However, it's working now so I won't complain. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an InDesign cloud document which I built when it was in beta testing. It now can be opened and edited in release version InDesign 19.4. It includes two Photoshop cloud documents (which are labelled):

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 3.54.51 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eli32379197lb9r , If you select the image and open you Link Info panel does the Path: start with CC Libraries:? Check your CC Libraries panel and make sure the image is still in your library:

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines