• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking excel spreadsheets to InDesign

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When linking excel spreadsheets to InDesign I can't seem to match the formatting style that I have set up in my InDesign page can anyone help? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To keep InDesign table formatting, everything needs to be set in Styles - Cell Styles, Table Styles, Paragrapgh Styles and Character Styles. This way the styling will hold when you update the excel sheet. 

What particuar problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the styling information, there is one "behaviour" to look out for. If selecting a frame with a table in it to update or replace the table, I found from time to time an unwanted character style pollutes my table. To avoid this, make sure that - when nothing is selected - the character styles panel is set to [None], and then select the frame containing the table to update.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines