• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking graphics from online OneDrive

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an InDesign neophyte so forgive me for not having the terminology or program down, but I have a slightly complicated issue. 

Can I link the graphics in my layouts to an online-based OneDrive (i.e. not my personal computer OneDrive, but my employer's OneDrive?

There is a long boring reason why it is imperative I find a solution like this but the short version is that I work remotely and connect via Remote Desktop to my company. Lately the connection issues prevent me from working. And I am looking for a solution to be able to continue working in InDesign, and linking to the photos and graphics found only on the company server (without having to save and link to my personal computer).  

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Natively no. InDesign can only link to local files. Silicon Publishing does have a product that might help: Silicon Connector - Connecting Adobe InDesign to DAM systems (siliconpublishing.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

You can have two OneDrive accounts activated on your computer--one enterprise and one personal. I suggest for the enterprise account, only download the files/folders you need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Natively no. InDesign can only link to local files. Silicon Publishing does have a product that might help: Silicon Connector - Connecting Adobe InDesign to DAM systems (siliconpublishing.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have two OneDrive accounts activated on your computer--one enterprise and one personal. I suggest for the enterprise account, only download the files/folders you need. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this. Thank you both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amber24484032ok69if you need further help on this check the question I raised which has the solution - https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/linking-an-image-from-sharepoint-online-onedrive...8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm getting an "access denied" message from your link.

See if this link works:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/linking-an-image-from-sharepoint-online-onedrive...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines