Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

links not working

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hi
  • I have some excel files linked in Indesign, and everything was working fine but now then when I update the excel file the yellow triangle does not show up and the update link is greyed out. I had changed the name of the folder recently but all the files are well-linked cos when I click the frame the link highlights in the link panel.

Please help

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Yes, the update link would be greyed out if you have lost your link path.

If you changed the name of the folder - you can select all the links in the links panel - go to the Sub Menu - and choose Relink to Folder

Select the folder. 

And yes, if you click on the link in the layout it will show you the related link in the links panel as that is what is referring to.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/graphics-links.html#:~:text=Relink%20to%20a%20different%20folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the update link would be greyed out if you have lost your link path.

If you changed the name of the folder - you can select all the links in the links panel - go to the Sub Menu - and choose Relink to Folder

Select the folder. 

And yes, if you click on the link in the layout it will show you the related link in the links panel as that is what is referring to.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/graphics-links.html#:~:text=Relink%20to%20a%20different%20...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines